Saturday evening, we attended our Company Ball: Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group (Airborne), Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona....otherwise know as the Free Fall Ball.

We sat right by the cakes at one of the head tables...yes, very tempting. The cake was delicious, and I think I might have to try this bakery sometime.

Edward, part of Headquarters, had some involvement in the evening. He had to give the blessing and also determine if the Grog was "medically safe to drink."

Edward called up his buddy, Al, to taste the Grog. Al is a newly retired Master Sgt, who ran the Basic Course here, and happened to be a medic, the head medic. He's always been and still is a great help to Edward.

Mixing up the Grog...it's usually pretty nasty, as it's filled with a variety of liquors.

After dinner, we got together with our friends for some pictures. These are the ladies I spend most of my time with here.


Notice, we have an extra in our pictures...look behind the palm tree.

Now, we're all laughing about Nikki's husband, Colin, who was hiding in our background.

YPG Ladies-Amy, me, Heather, Elizabeth, Nikki, Diana, and Sara-We have 15 kids between all of us ranging in age from 12 days old to seven. Four of us had babies within the last year. Yes, Elizabeth had Stephen 12 days ago and still made it to both ball setup and the ball.

My friend, Heather...we run MOPS together and spend a lot of time with each other.

The husbands

You see, our group isn't exclusively Army...Kurt, our solo Air Force guy :)

Mimicing the crazy poses our photographer wanted people to try.

Another ball-we have been going to these since we were 20 and at Clemson.

Edward was glad that this year, he was able to add his HALO wings to his dress uniform.
Next, we have to purchase the Mess Dress coat (short coat with the cumberbund), which is really $$. I guess Edward will check into that when he goes back to Bragg in October, as we don't have a Clothing and Sales store for six hours in any direction here.



Sara and Jason...Jason heads up our Bible Study on post.

Sara was nine months pregnant last year at the ball and had Gabriella a couple days after it. I know this year the ball was much more enjoyable for her!

Colin and Nikki

Kurt and Heather

Yes, they are the silly ones in our group :) They are also "Baby" Kate's parents, as she's a frequent friend on the blog.

Reed and Elizabeth

Posing with Heather and Sara...we took a picture last year, so it's now a tradition.
Last year's pose
You might wonder where the kids were?? The Child Development Center (CDC) on post always opens up the evening of the ball. It's where our kids go to preschool, so it's already a familiar place for them. They have a fun evening, as we send dinner with them, and they get to play with their friends. The classes are divided by age, and they told us Alex seemed to enjoy himself. I was told he didn't cry once, which I believe. He's a great baby. They said he spent most of the evening smiling at them. Madison and Luke ate their dinners, and then I was told Madison went to sleep very well. Ironically, all of the two-year-olds were still up at 11:30 and walking around with the staff as they worked (it was pretty funny). As soon as we got Luke home, he passed out...a good night for all.
4 comments:
I don't think I have ever seen your hair curly. Very nice! It looks like you all had a fun time! I have yet to be to a military ball but now that Burt is with the Curahees maybe I will get to actually attend one. We will see!
You looked great! I loved the dress and your hair. It looks like the ball was a ton of fun.
We have been active duty for 6 years now and have NEVER been to a ball. Wes has found a way to get out of it every time. Now I think that deserves some recognition.
We're not ball people.
You look great by the way.
We have been active duty for 6 years now and have NEVER been to a ball. Wes has found a way to get out of it every time. Now I think that deserves some recognition.
We're not ball people.
You look great by the way.
Post a Comment