Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not sick, but an ear infection

by Madison

Today, my fever ran between 100 (on Motrin and Tylenol) and 104 (as the Motrin and Tylenol was starting to wear off). Bryce, Nolan's daddy, came over tonight to look at my ears, and yup, I have an ear infection. He said the right ear was "bulging" it was so inflammed. Fun, fun. So, tomorrow, we have to stop by the base hospital where Daddy and Bryce work so I can pick up my antibiotics at the pharmacy. That also means I miss preschool in the morning. I'm so upset because I'm missing a field trip to the library, and I LOVE library day (why shouldn't I since Mommy and Nana are both librarians).
I'm still not myself...I slept for four hours today! Note, that I no longer take naps (not due to Mommy...I just won't take them), so this was amazing for Mommy, but she couldn't enjoy it too much knowing I was not feeling well.

My "couch"...I have always assigned the big couch to Daddy and the loveseat to Mommy. I've assigned myself the ottoman, which is where I've made my little afternoon bed.




On another note, Daddy arrived at Fort Rucker only to find out that the housing on post he'd been told six weeks ago was "reserved" was now full because they had gone to a first-come, first-serve basis (had he been told that, he would have arrived earlier...he spent the whole day in Georgia visiting Uncle Jason, Aunt Erika, and our cousins). So, he got sent off base, only to find out that every hotel around is full at some point this week. He managed to find a place to stay through Friday, but he has to switch hotels tomorrow. Over next weekend, he's going to visit our pal, John (his daddy is our daddy's cousin). So, John, please don't tell Daddy your house has a no vacancy! What's even better about this situation is that now Mommy and Daddy have to pay for all of the housing up front since it will be at various hotels (not the case if he was going to be staying on post). The Army will reimburse us, but only after the course. And, the Army hasn't done a very good job of that lately with Mommy and Daddy. They are still owed a bunch of money from Daddy's October trips to Chicago and Washington D.C. ...yes, October. So, with that kind of schedule, we probably won't get paid back until after we move to Arizona or something...AHHHH! Mommy, the bookkeeper, is about to lose her mind. Oh, and to give you a rough idea of housing for Fort Rucker...it's estimated at $2500 for the six weeks he's there...yeah, maybe Luke and I can find that kind of cash with play money. And for Daddy, the situation stinks because now he has to get up even earlier to drive on post and find his group each morning. That means he'll probably be leaving his hotel by 5AM...fun, fun, which also means he misses all hotel continental breakfasts since they start at 6AM (he would have had breakfast provided on base). So, maybe future posts should be entitled, "Where in the world is Daddy?" since it seems like he can't get a break in Alabama.

3 comments:

Mack the Quack, Kait the Great and Knox the Fox said...

Madison~We hope your ear infection gets better soon! We know what they are like! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you!

newmanfamily said...

Madison and Luke, Don't worry we will let your dad have a place to stay. Our extra bedroom hasn't been made into a nursery YET! Hope you get feeling better Madison. We had a stomach bad last week and it was no fun either. Love, John

Roger, Michelle, Jena and Lily said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling sick, Madison. Hope you feel better soon.