by Luke
So, I couldn't let my sister hang out to dry with an ear infection...mine's back too. It seems that 90% of the population can get rid of ear infections with standard antibiotics. Apparently, we're not normal, I mean, the norm. We're in the 10% resistant to many antibiotics in regards to ear infections-great, just what Mommy wanted to hear. So, while it looked like mine was gone...it's back...
Tuesday evening, I spiked a 104 fever around 9PM. Mommy immediately thought ear infection, but treated the fever as a fever. Well, I wasn't very nice to Mommy that night, but I didn't feel good. Mommy slept maybe 15 minutes all night because I was up crying and miserable all night. A late night call to Nolan's daddy got a 6AM house call on his way to the hospital. What a time for Daddy to be gone! Yup, ear infection. So, off Madison went to school with Kalea (first time Mommy didn't take her), and Mommy and I went to get my meds. After a 30 minute wait in line (not to fill the script, just standing in line) at the hospital (that's how busy the pharmacy at Fort Bragg is all the time), we left with my meds. Oh, we miss Daddy!
We already had plans to go and visit Grandma and Grandpa, so with all meds in hand, we picked Madison up at school and to Wilmington we went. Now, Mommy's missed plenty of sleep before, and she usually does okay. Well, that's true if you don't have some type of walking pneumonia, which is what it seems Mommy has now. After arriving at Grandma and Grandpa's, she went upstairs and fell dead asleep, only to then sleep most of the next day (Thursday) and was still having issues Friday. With major sinus issues and a horrible, horrible deep cough (so bad she almost throws up she's coughing so hard) compounded by her asthma, she was in really bad shape. Thank goodness Grandma and Grandpa were there to take care of us because Mommy sure couldn't do it. By this morning (Saturday), Mommy was functional, but not back to normal at all, but when is she??? After having antibiotics called in to the local CVS, Mommy now joins us in our medical meltdown club.
Luckily, Madison and I are recovering pretty well. Mommy is still coughing A LOT and sounds awful, but hopefully, it will start to get better. Mommy was able to drive us home today, and we're hoping to go to church tomorrow...we'll see. It's been a couple of weeks since we've been because of our illnesses. And, we don't like to miss church.
We'd really like to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's this week and have a normal visit, since this was far from it. Hopefully, we'll be feeling better and more up for a visit. So, Grandma and Grandpa, thanks for taking such good care of us. Mommy was very sad she didn't feel like eating much because she was looking forward to some nice dinners with you.
Daddy Countdown T-5 Weeks
Saturday, March 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sorry, all of you guys have been sick! I hope you all get better soon. Normal antibiotics didn't work for me either! I usually had to take about 3 different kinds before my ear infections went away! But since the tubes, no ear infections!!!! Love you guys, and praying for you! Kaitlann
Sorry, all of you guys have been sick! I hope you all get better soon. Normal antibiotics didn't work for me either! I usually had to take about 3 different kinds before my ear infections went away! But since the tubes, no ear infections!!!! Love you guys, and praying for you! Kaitlann
hey martha,
i had a dream last night that you moved to aliso viejo (like 15 minutes away) and it seemed so real! oh well, yuma will have to do for now.
hope you are feeling better!!
take care,
Carin
Post a Comment