Thursday, August 27, 2009

Meet the Newest Member of the Kitchen Staff

Here it is in all its beauty...


my new stand mixer. After eight years, my beloved Sunbeam stand mixer died. It was sudden; I was making a coffee cake, and bam, the motor died. Edward had bought that mixer for me our first Christmas after we got married. He was a poor medical student living off his teacher/working wife :) People said he'd get in trouble for getting a kitchen appliance for his wife's first Christmas, but he knew otherwise. It was the best gift. Welcome to the family, Kitchenaid. I hope we have some great years together.


And, the first order of business was to make chocolate chip cookies. They're cooking right now. Some we'll eat; the others are going to MOPS in the morning (Mothers of Preschoolers-I'm in charge of the group here with Heather).

3 comments:

Natalie said...

love my kitchenaid...i am sure you will too. dave claims it makes "the best" mashed potatoes.

Anonymous said...

Buck got one for me our first Christmas, too. He, too, got flack for it, but I had asked for it and loved it. I'm so glad you found my blog so I could, in turn, find yours! I love it!
Can't remember my google account...this is Katie Madding Buckingham

Harry and Mer said...

Love it!