Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Trip to Tennessee

by Madison and Luke

Over the Labor Day weekend, we drove to Tennessee to visit Nana and Pop, Daddy's mom and step-dad. We had a nice time, even though it was a short visit. Daddy had to work Friday night, so we didn't leave until Saturday morning, and then we came back on Monday. We hope to visit them again sometime soon. Going there has an added bonus, as we have to drive past Aunt Mer and Uncle Harry's exit in Charlotte, so we usually get to stop and eat lunch with them.

Pop wasn't feeling well, so he didn't go with us to the Knoxville Zoo. It was a lot of fun, but very hot! I had fun hanging out with Daddy.

My FAVORITE part was the zebra area. I know many family members have had bad encounters with zebras, but I loved them! Aunt Mer, Nana, Aunt Erika, Mackenzie, and Kaitlann, I don't see what's wrong with zebras! In two separate instances, zebras tried to attack my aunts, cousins, and Nana.


Nana and I enjoyed the different animals.

The Zebra!

Silly Zebra!


There are so many animals to see.



I really enjoyed the elephant too. It's one my favorite animals to look at in my animal book at home.


Hanging out with Mommy.




Luke had a good time too, but he wasn't as interested in the zebras.

Only Luke would want a blanket when it's almost 100 degrees!



Yeah, if you haven't figured it out, Luke loves blankets, and he loves to be warm.

Luke took a bottle break.

So, I had something to drink too.

When we first saw this, we thought it was a rock.

The carousel always makes the zoo even more fun. I picked out a tiger in honor of my favorite team, "Go Tigers (I said this all day in preparation for the big Clemson vs. FSU game).

I actually enjoyed the petting zoo, but I didn't pet anything.

The end to a good day-a rock wall and slide.

Daddy on the slide-even better!


Back at Nana and Pop's house we looked at animal books. I have really started to like wearing my Huntington Beach, CA shirt. It's a new favorite (thanks Carin!).



Luke enjoyed watching football with Pop.

No comments: