Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow...Again!

by Madison and Luke


It started raining last night, but around 3:30 this afternoon, it changed to snow and is still snowing! We actually have a decent amount for the Sandhills of North Carolina. Right now, it looks like we have around two inches. The temps are hanging right around 32/33, so it's somewhat sloppy. It could make for an interesting morning with church if the temps dip below freezing. We got about an inch and a half of rain prior to the snow, which would make for some great roads here in NC. While Northerners like Mommy don't think much of the amounts we just described, it's kind of a big deal in the South where they don't have salt and snow plows.


What do you do on a rainy/snowy/cold day? We like to take a drink break...notice that Madison did dress herself; Mommy picked out different clothes.




The rain finally turned to snow!

We were both really excited that it was snowing and stood at the window watching the flakes fall.
Madison, in more acceptable day clothing, enjoyed her snack on her Barbie chair.
Just looking cute


Finally, I get to wear my winter gear. We weren't sure if I'd ever get to wear my snow boots.

I enjoyed watching Madison and Daddy in the snow. I stood at the window the whole time they were outside.



I finally decided to wake Daddy up from his nap to go outside (he was on call last night, so he came home this afternoon and slept some). I didn't want him to miss the snow.

The flakes kept falling into my eyes, which was a little annoying.

No comments: