Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Eight Years

Eight years ago today, Edward and I started our lives together. We feel so blessed to have a great marriage and three beautiful kids.



It was a great day in Clemson, South Carolina when we got married. I was 23, and Edward was 22. He had just graduated from Clemson, and I had just finished my first year teaching eighth grade English. We had bought our first house a month prior to the wedding, a new townhouse in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. After 10 days in Hawaii, we returned to Clemson, loaded up our moving truck, and ventured to Florida. By the beginning of July, Edward was a first-year medical student, and I was teaching eighth grade language arts and working on my master's degree at night. Now, eight years later, a medical degree, a master's degree, three houses, three kids, a cat, several moves to several states later, here we are in Arizona. No tellling where we'll be in another eight years.

No comments: