Wednesday, July 29, 2009

San Diego Wild Animal Park

Saturday afternoon, after our morning on the beach, we went over to the Wild Animal Park. This is owned and run by the San Diego Zoo, so our year passes worked. Well, Madison and I have a pass. Alex and Luke are free due to their age, and active duty military get in free everyday.

The Wild Animal Park is basically another zoo. You walk all around to see the exotic animals. It was a fun afternoon, and the temps were great.

This was Alex's first zoo experience, so he had to prep for it by a bottle right away. He and I took a bottle break while the other three went in search of the lions (Madison's "MUST SEE" of the day).


Our kids are obsessed with flamingos.


The monkeys :)







Views from the Wild Animal Park of greater San Diego

Okay, so this is a new stroller...drama of the trip. We took my Phil and Ted double stroller to San Diego. Before going, Edward put more air in the tires. Well, the change in altitude from below sea level to 4500 feet above blew the tires...I was not a happy camper. With the prospect of the beach, Wild Animal Park, and Legoland-i.e. all walking events, with three kids, I had to find a stroller. We found this great Chicco one at Babies R Us Friday night. It proved to be a great stroller. After much ordeal and a lot of driving around, we were able to finally replace the blown tires at a huge bike shop. While all of this sounds simple, trust me, it wasn't. I decided I really liked my new stroller because of its compact size for traveling, so I'll be keeping it. It's going to be great to fly with a nice compact umbrella stroller. Flying with three kids and all of their loot (sometimes by myself) is cumbersome enough!
Oh, and the stroller was on sale (score for me), and I happened to have a 15% off coupon for Babies R Us (score for me again). But, most people who know me wouldn't expect any less :)


Madison found a cactus she wanted to take her picture with...she's getting so big!
Daddy and his girl
She got this duck to eat out of her hand.
Luke wasn't as "gentle" to get the duck to eat out of his hand.


One of the worst things about a summer newborn is how hot they get. Even in cool San Diego, Alex got really hot. It's terrible in Yuma. The kid soaks his clothing everytime you put him in his carseat.



Our "Hebra!" Okay, so this is a big joke. This exotic animal has a strange name I can't remember. We first saw one of these at the San Diego Zoo. Edward and I decided it looked like a combo horse and zebra, and we renamed it as a Hebra. Luke fell in love with this thing at the zoo, and he has a stuffed animal Hebra.




Here, the kids are with their favorite animals at the Wild Animal Park...the carousel.







Too young for the carousel


2 comments:

Bran said...

That's a pretty zoo. Cool picture with you and the kids with that beautiful backdrop.

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha,
it looks like everyone had a great time on your San Diego vacation. The kids look really blonde from playing outside!
Carin