Friday, February 12, 2010

Goodreads

I love to read. With three kids ages four and under, reading is a rarity. Check that, reading that is of interest to me is a rarity. I do get to read a lot during the day, but there's only so much stimulation one can get out of reading the latest Diego book, stories of princesses, and tales of silly animals. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love reading to the kids...I mean, I have a master's degree in library science. Reading is what I'm all about.

Lately, I've been really making an effort to do more of my own reading. I have missed it a lot, and I'm really glad I'm getting back into it. Some of the ladies here participate in a book discussion group, and I've been enjoying that. With all that said, one website I enjoy is Goodreads.com where you can post the books you have read, and if you choose, you can give your opinion, etc. Like other applications, you have your list of friends, and from your list, you can see what your friends are reading and the comments they share.

If you are into reading and haven't checked it out, it's a pretty cool site. To my Goodreads "friends," I hope to learn about some great books from what you are all reading :)

Oh, and I'm currently reading, "Julie and Julia," and "Your Left-Handed Child."

No comments: