
So, what do you do when you live 45 minutes from town...not to mention a very BASIC town with few stores? Yeah, online shop. That's what I do. Now, I'm not some freak who just goes crazy with online shopping. I used online shopping for EVERYTHING! I order formula, diapers, baby food, clothing, birthday partyware (plates, etc.), virtually almost anything online. I wait for free shipping and always Google for coupon codes...the result??? I save more money than I would driving to town or Phoenix/San Diego to get what I need at home. Plus, I ususally get some GREAT deals if I watch my sales correctly at my favorite stores.
I just wish one of my VERY favorite stores, Trader Joes, had online ordering. I definitely look like a freak when I get into one of their stores in San Diego or Phoenix. I am the strange lady buying six or seven of everything just because I rarely get to go to the place (and yes, we seriously take a cooler, etc. just to stop each time we go to "the big city")
This is a typical UPS delivery at our house. Thank goodness UPS delivers to the door. Our mail does not. We have to have PO Box here, and for that, we have to go to the post office everyday (after 3 PM!) to pickup our mail. Yes, I'm good friends with our UPS driver and our friends at the post office :) Seriously, the UPS guy is SO nice. He always just knocks at the door instead of ringing the doorbell. I don't care if you ring my doorbell, but he knows I have three kids, two of whom are usually sleeping when he brings my stuf. That's a nice guy :)
Today's Delivery-Box of 3 cases of Huggies wipes, box of 3 cases of Gerber baby food, set of new pj's for Alex (18 months-kid is growing like a weed!), and the last was definitely a "once a year" purchase:

I love Gertrude Hawk chocolate. I was introduced to it while visiting my brother and sister-in-law years ago when they were stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. Since then, I order it usually once a year. They rarely send out free shipping codes (and once over the summer, they said they wouldn't deliver to Arizona-go figure...too hot), so when a free shipping code arrived in my email a week ago, I jumped on it. I love their milk chocolate carmel smidgens...delicious. Now, I just need to hide them from a couple of sets of little eyes.
1 comment:
My dad sent me chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day on Wednesday and I have had two little kiddos all about them. I hid them yesterday with a babysitter here because I knew John would eat them.
Post a Comment