by Me (Madison)
Today, we celebrated my second birthday. My birthday is actually next Friday, June 8, but Daddy has to work all of next weekend. So, today was the big day. Let's just call it...
THE PARTY THAT COULD HAVE BEEN...
outside in the nice sunny afternoon, in which we've had no rain for over a month (no exaggeration...major drought going on here)
turned into the all afternoon rain affair, in which the rain started just after all the tables, balloons, and food had been setup...
after Mommy watched the Weather Channel all week and decided that a rain plan that would have included hosing out the garage wasn't at all necessary...
after "only 20% chance of showers" from the folks at the Weather Channel...
after the party had ended and the last kids had gone home...
the rain cleared.
Let's just say Mommy wasn't happy, but everyone else seemed to be!
Before the storm...
Daddy and Mommy proudly wearing their Elmo hats
Luke and Aunt Mer...thanks for taking such good care of him today, Aunt Mer (Grandma too!)
Party Animal...Let's get this party started...
Birthday Girl! Mommy tried to get a close-up of me, but I'm now two, which means I do what I want. I'm all dressed up in a new birthday outfit!
Here's my new Dora motorized car from Grandma and Grandpa. All I could say was, "Wow!" and "Cool!" all afternoon.
Cassandra drove all the way from Raleigh!
Grandma is trying to explain my motorized car to me. I can't believe that all I have to do is push a button to make it move!
Cassandra must have listened to the instructions on the motorzied car and decided the Dora car would be a great mode of transportation for her return trip to Raleigh.
I finally decided to try it out. Kalea seems interested in it too, while Ava (background) seems to like the playhouse Mommy and Daddy got me.
My party had 12 kids at it (including Luke and me). Eight of the 12 were girls! Here, I'm with Ava, Cassandra, and Mak.
We really wanted to play on the swing set, but the rain had already started. Kalea, Mak, and I were really disappointed.
If you look closely, we labeled this carton especially for Nolan. Last summer, he was caught holding a beer bottle that wasn't his, so we wanted to make sure he knew what belonged to him.
So, how much have we all changed in one year???
My First Birthday!

Nolan and that beer bottle
Kalea and I trying out our first cake last year...we missed you this year, Adisa. Hopefully, you'll be back from Iraq to enjoy the party next year!

Ava still likes her paci, but she's a wild girl like the rest of us now.
Mak, the oldest of our group
And, last year we didn't have:
Luke, Case (Mak's brother), Imani (Kalea's sister), and Cassandra wasn't here (she was moving from Florida then). We also added a few friends from the neighborhood who will appear in the inside pictures.
But, we missed a lot this year:
Adisa (Kalea and Imani's daddy who is in Iraq), Ben (Ava's daddy who is in Iraq), Dr. Bryce (Nolan's daddy who had to work), Grandmama and Pop (back in Tennessee).
I got a lot of great birthday presents, but the best thing we all heard just before the party:
UNCLE CLAY HAS LEFT AFGHANISTAN AND IS ON HIS WAY HOME, FINALLY!!!!!
More pictures of the party to come, but Mommy, who is posting them, is really tired after staying up last night until 1:30 getting ready for an outside party.
No comments:
Post a Comment