Monday, June 04, 2007

He's Back!!!!!

by Madison and Luke


After 16 months in Afghanistan, Uncle Clay's plane landed at Fort Drum at 10:00 PM. He's finally returned home!
Uncle Clay, we're sorry for the men you lost, but we can thank God you made it home safely. We prayed for you everyday!
Congratulations on being awarded the Bronze Star. We're very proud of you for what you've been though, and we're very proud of Aunt Karen for being so strong.


Aunt Karen's sign on their apartment in Sacket's Harbor, New York.



Uncle Clay, since you've been gone, we've changed a lot. Madison can't wait to show you how much she's grown up, and Luke can't wait to meet you, period! Let's briefly take a look at a few things you missed:


January 2006

Mommy and I flew up to Fort Drum to say good-bye. It was -4 degrees, and I was seven months old.



February 2006-

Mommy and Daddy put up a swing set for me, and it's become my favorite thing to do outside.


March 2006-

On vacation with Mommy and Daddy in St. Augustine, Florida. I started walking on my own the next week when we visited Aunt Mer and Uncle Harry. That happened at about nine and a half months.

April 2006-

Easter fell on Mommy's birthday. We actually got to talk to you on this day. We had lunch after church at Texas Roadhouse with Grandma and Grandpa when you called. That was one of two times Mommy got to talk on the phone with you (other was when you called her at the hospital when Luke was born).

May 2006-

Mommy and I went to Maryland to visit her college roommate, Jenn (a friend of yours, too!). We visited the National Zoo in Washington while we were there, and I got to see the new baby panda.



June 2006-

I turned one!


Mommy and Aunt Mer took a road trip to New York to visit Aunt Karen.

July 2006-

July brought hot weather and a visit to Tennessee to see Grandmama and Pop.



August 2006-

Mommy and I started swimming lessons.


Aunt Mer got attacked by a zebra and an ostrich...


September 2006-

I announced my big news...



I tried on my Hallloween costume...and I hated it.





October 2006-

Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Mer, and Uncle Harry enjoyed a Clemson game...of course, in Clemson spirit, we lost to Maryland. They missed the other two Clemson grads in the family...


I tolerated this costume.

November 2006-


Looking forward to the holidays and what we thought was only a couple more months of you gone...



I got a new bedroom (and found out I'm getting a brother)!

December 2006-

Grandpa was diagnosed with prostate cancer in the fall, and he had his surgery in December. I had a better day than he did...I hung out with my buddy, Cassandra, while Mommy, Grandma, and Aunt Mer waited at Duke's Medical Center.



I don't like Santa.

January 2007-


Aunt Mer threw a shower for Mommy to get ready for Luke.


I became even more wild and crazy...


February 2007-


The snow we got at Fort Bragg wasn't quite equal to what you had in Afghanistan. We also got the bad news that you had been extended.

March 2007-


Mommy and I enjoyed gymnastics (well, she didn't enjoy chasing me being seven months pregnant). We also said good-bye to Daddy for two months as he was away for work.


I tried to be good for Mommy, but it was hard.

April 2007-

Grandma and Aunt Mer took turns visiting Mommy and me worried that Luke would arrive before Daddy got back. We gardened, one of Mommy's favorite things.

Luke arrived!...and, Daddy made it, not a moment too soon. He returned from his travels the night before Luke was born.

Luke was born April 7, 2007 at 5:24 AM, Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg

May 2007-


Luke was baptized...actually, it was the last weekend of April, but close enough to May . He wore your baptismal outfit, so you were there in spirit.


June 2007-


I'm two! You may have missed my party, but you made it home before I officially turned two!




WELCOME HOME, UNCLE CLAY!!!! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

No comments: