Friday, June 08, 2007

My Birthday!


by Madison
Today was my second birthday. In typical two-year-old fashion, I was terrible this morning. Of course, that's when Mommy had to be at the hospital to welcome the new doctors' wives (and some husbands) and tell them all about the coffee group she's now in charge of. So, I was pretty bad there (childcare for me fell through...Mommy wasn't too excited about having to take me), and then I was bad at the lunch for the same people. Luke was good, though, but he's not two like me.

After I took a nap this afternoon, I decided to be in a better mood. So, I spent the remainder of my birthday in "good-girl mode."
Luke (a.k.a. Baby) gave me my birthday present last night since Daddy has been getting home from work so late...we weren't sure if he'd make it home tonight before I went to bed (he did). Great wrapping paper choice, Luke (and a much better wrapping job than Mommy's brother, Uncle Clay, used to do on her presents)!


Wow!


Cool (that's what I kept saying), it's a baby doll!


Good choice, Luke! Now I can burp my baby like Mommy burps you!

I enjoy being a mommy to my babies. Today, I spent time in my room playing with each baby. I really like the "My Little Pony" rug that came from the House of Mer...it's a fun place to play with my babies.


Mommy made me a birthday cake tonight. She decided to share the cake too. Daddy moved offices a couple of weeks ago when he became the chief resident, and his new office partner (the other chief) just had a baby. We're taking dinner over to them tomorrow night, so she made a cake for them too. I'm helping by holding the pan.


I enjoyed my playhouse while Mommy grilled out hotdogs-my dinner pick on my birthday. It was too hot to play outside in the afternoon; the temperature got up to 101!!!



Since I was the birthday girl, I got to pick the dinner menu-hotdogs and baked beans...and, Daddy made it home to eat dinner with us. Oh, we almost got rained out again. We ate dinner on the deck, but just prior to that, it rained for about 15 minutes.


There's my birthday cake! Mommy made it into an Elmo cake...I'm pretty interested in checking out Elmo.



Licking the frosting off of Elmo-tough job, but someone has to do it!



Mommy and I enjoyed my birthday cake. Daddy doesn't like chocolate, so he didn't eat any. Mommy's glad I take after her and LOVE chocolate. Luke was bummed out again because he didn't get any cake.


Luke enjoying his "dinner."

Oh, and my latest stats (I had a well-kid checkup yesterday like Luke did): 28 lbs. and 34.5 inches tall

No comments: