Thursday, June 21, 2007

Weekend at the Beach

by Madison and Luke

Ok, so we're slow in posting these pictures this week, but we've been keeping Mommy busy since Daddy has been working 15 hr. days and was on call yesterday. Last weekend, Daddy's clinic had a work retreat at Ocean Isle Beach, NC. It was a fun time (much better than last year's retreat!), but it would have been even better if we didn't have to pay for the "required" retreat! We stayed right on the beach with a nice oceanfront room and pool. Luke enjoyed his first trip to the beach and can say he's now been out of NC; we ate dinner one night in Myrtle Beach, SC, which is only a few miles away.


Ocean Isle Beach from our hotel room...Ocean Isle is one of Mommy and Daddy's favorite beaches. They actually got engaged here seven years ago.
View from our room-other direction




I loved being able to look at the pool from our balcony!
As soon as we got checked in, I wanted to go to the beach and pool.

Seriously, I'm ready to go...




We enjoyed the beach the whole next day too. The weather was great.

I really enjoyed spending some time with Daddy. With work, he's not been home much lately.


I was a little unsure of the ocean. I don't remember it from last summer.



The pool was awesome!



The guys enjoyed wearing their beach hats together.



Yup, the pool is awesome!

Back down to the beach for fun in the sand. I enjoyed playing with some of the other third-year residents' kids. Here, I'm in the "pit" that Meryn and Amanda's dad and Daddy dug for us.

Daddy and Dr. Dave now share an office. They are the new chief residents. They joke that to be chief this year you have to have at least one girl followed by a newborn boy. Amanda and Meryn have a baby brother, Spencer, who is only three weeks old. Luke wasn't even the youngest one at the retreat! Peyton is pouring water on Meryn. His daddy is another doctor too.

Petyon and I enjoyed playing in Amanda and Meryn's beach toy tub.

There's Mommy! You'd think she didn't come on the retreat because she hasn't been in any pictures. She and Luke had fun at the beach too.

I really had fun playing with Meryn. She's four, so she's older than me, but we still had a good time. I even asked for her today.

Friday, Mommy is taking us to Raleigh. We have to drop Nolan and his mom off at the airport. And, since Mommy's good friend Jen (and our pal Cassandra) live in Raleigh, we're going to hang out with them all day! We should have a really good time. The only downside is that we have to leave the house by 7AM-oh well, Mommy's the one who has to put up with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Martha! I especially like the ones of Madison and Edward looking from behind. You should frame those and put them up in your house! Looks like y'all had a nice time. Good luck with all the graduation happenings next week!