Edward and I are very excited about the upcoming arrival of our healthy baby boy. With that in mind, I've been cleaning out baby clothes. The boy clothes are going back in the closet after a short stint in storage bins, and it's now time to say good-bye to the beautiful girl clothing I have. I must admit, girl clothing is so pretty and just so cute. The boy clothing, while cute in its manner, isn't the same. I have several friends here on base with little girls of different ages, making it easy to pack up and give away clothing. My friend, Heather, has been taking a lot of the 2t and up clothing. My friend, Sara, needs 3-6, 6-9, and 12 month summer. My friend, Amy, who already has a daughter Madison's age, is expecting another girl in April, but needs a lot of winter stuff because they are moving, and her first daughter was born in Guam. So, having friends with different needs has helped out a lot, and I'm glad to know so many cute things Madison got to wear are going to good homes. I still saved several things for sentimental value and/or for family members to use in the future. However, with us moving all the time and with the Army giving us a weight maximum on our moves, this stuff will not stay with me forever. Madsion has enjoyed going through the "Baby Madison" clothes and tries to put on a style show for me. It's been very sweet.
For now, I'll just have to relish in the fact that 2/3 of the stuff I'm going to be buying is from the blue family, and 1/3 will be girlie (well, Tom-girlie knowing Madison) :)
A few of the things I'm keeping...yes, Meredith, that's the pink bunny hat you got Madison to wear when I took her to Ft. Drum.
1 comment:
And my favorite pink PJs. Awww, such good memories!
Post a Comment