Thursday, December 20, 2007

Demoted, but Standing up for Myself

by Luke

This morning, Mommy walked in on me attempting to stand up in my crib. Immediately, she lowered the crib (well, it took almost a half hour, but hey, what are you going to do when you have to do it yourself while two kids maul you??). Now, my crib had already been lowered, but this time, she move it all the way down. I've been demoted, almost to the floor. Even though Mommy's pretty handy, she dreads this task each time it has to be done. This afternoon she was awfully glad she'd lowered my crib...

...because this afternoon, she walked in on me standing in my crib when I was supposed to be sleeping.


No nap for me! Madison has taught me how to refuse to take a nap. Mommy tries everyday, but Madison usually only take a nap about once every two weeks. Maybe I'll start doing that too. Obviously, I'm pretty pleased with myself. If only Mommy hadn't lowered my crib, I probably could have flung myself out!

My crib at its new low...Next, I think I'll have to work on swinging from the mobile. I wonder how long until Mommy takes it out...

1 comment:

newmanfamily said...

Sorry Madison and Luke, I am going to have to side with your Mommy on this one. Naps are great. They just recharge your batteries so you can play even harder when you wake up. Plus, our moms need their sanity, and sometimes it leaves if you don't take a nap. Come on, give naps a chance. John