Monday, March 23, 2009

28 Weeks

I hate these posts...let me clarify. I hate myself in these posts. I like to see others as they are pregnant, but I hate looking at myself. If you haven't noticed, I try to keep myself out of pictures, especially when pregnant. It's usually easy as I'm the one with the camera most of the time. Per my sister-in-law's request, I'm posting this. Just know, Karen, I might have to take you off the good-sister-in-law list for this one :)

Martha and Alexander-28 Weeks, i.e. 7 Months, start of 3rd Trimester

Okay, so not my best outfit, but it's been a long day with two crazy kids. Edward is working tonight on the drop zone, so I actually manged to do this picture on my own with the timer. Sorry...I guess it's as good as it gets. My shirt looks like it's a wife-beater or something, but I promise, it has a cute design on the front. And, we had homemade manicotti for dinner, and my pregnant self didn't spill any on it.

Current Stats-Weight Gain-Total of 5, yes F.I.V.E. pounds (I'm told I look pretty tiny, but I think I look like a cow). I had gotten up to seven, but since I now spend most days puking my guts out, fun fun, I dropped two pounds at my checkup on Friday. In fact, I was so sick on Friday, Edward had to take me to my checkup because I couldn't stop getting sick long enough to drive the 45 min there.

Thanks, Alexander, for sucking fat out of other parts of my body to grow. That's being a good boy.

Blood Glucose=Excellent, I had a reading of 104. You have to be below a 140 to pass.

Contraction Count-Around 15 a day

Rhogam-Still waiting for that ** shot. I was supposed to get it on Friday, but once again, civilian healthcare has failed me. In the Army, all the nurse did was come into the exam room and give you your shot-no big deal. Here, of course, it's a mess. I was given a referral to the hospital, where I had to call and make an appt. for this Thursday to get my shot. Now, the lady on the phone asked, "Have you had blood drawn here at the hospital?" to which I said, "No." She told me that because of that, it would take "extra long" (her words) because they would have to draw my blood, send it to the lab to verify it's O Negative, and then I could get my shot. She said to expect it to take an hour to an hour and a half plus...GREAT, JUST GREAT. Now, mind you, I have all the records from my doctor's office stating I have O Negative blood, so hello, in 2009, why can't things be faxed, etc??? And, I've had four Rhogam shots in my lifetime already. So, think of me Thursday as I sit at the dumb hospital waiting for a lovely shot.

Ultrasound-STILL WAITING. Don't get me started. It should have been by now, but of course, they are booked up. It's on April 1, but don't expect anything then. The radiologist will have to read it before we get any report, and my appt. is in the afternoon here, which is dinnertime for most of my fellow readers. So, as many of you promised to go on New Year's diets back at the beginning of the New Year and have long since abandoned them...I've been waiting all that time to find out about the health of Alex.

Swelling-Not yet, but if the 95 degree days keep up like we had all last week (thank goodness the wind kept it a little cooler today), I'm sure I'll start swelling very soon.

Pray the ultrasound shows a healthy baby. Pray that Alexander moves himself out of his transverse position (totally sideways) and gets himself in gear and moves head down. He's running out of room and time for that one (still has a few weeks, but seriously, he doesn't have that much room to do it-I really am very compact, so it won't be pleasant for him if he tries to wait). If he doesn't get fully turned, that means a C-Section, something that if I could, I'd refuse to have, but you can't. I've gotten through two deliveries without one, so I hope my last baby doesn't require that. Pray that I don't get any sicker than I already am. It's not fun and thus, not enjoyable.

6 comments:

Karen H. said...

Such a cute baby bump. :)

Harry and Mer said...

I think you look great!!!

newmanfamily said...

You look good! You will look back and be happy you have these pictures.

The Gibbons' in Sunny California! said...

I think you look great and hope your appt goes well tomorrow.
Amy

Natalie said...

I think you look great, I am definately huge compared to you, and only at 25 weeks...hmmm. I hope you start feeling better, that is aweful to still be sick.

Anonymous said...

you look great, i'm glad you posted the photo of You & Alex! :o)
Carin