Monday, March 09, 2009

Glory Days...The Exodus

The day has finally come...the snowbirds are starting to exit Yuma! We noticed it yesterday on the way to church, RV after RV towing their cars were heading north out of Yuma. Then, more were today. Plus, the numbers in town are dropping, slowly. Church attendance is down from a high of 724 to this week at 640. We should drop back down to about 200 when all is said and done. I'll be glad to have Target and my grocery store back.

Also, in snowbird news, I think I figured out why they drive so slowly. Let me give you an example...the speed limit just off post here is 65. The snowbirds, who a lot are from Canada, see this, and think it means 65 kilometers, which is about 40 miles per hour. So, they go 40 mph...makes sense to me!

No comments: