Okay, I know everyone wants to see pictures, so I'll put the story behind this up later...yes, I'm already posting pictures because all of our family wants to see him. Luckily for all of you, I'm supposed to be sitting/resting not just because I had a baby yesterday, but because I LOST FOUR UNITS of blood in the whole process-not normal! More on that later...
Here he is...Alexander and his trip into the world:
The last picture of the four of us...we dropped the kids off at our friend, Heather's house, before we went to the hospital. At this point, I was actually going in for really high blood pressure and preeclampsia issues, but we were hopeful I'd get induced...once we got to the hospital, Alex decided to come on his own.Luckily, our pastor arrived to see us when this started, so he stayed in the new room with Alex while Edward came back down to stay with me while my OB and nurses fixed my problems.
Pastor Neil

Alex with his "I got my first hug at YRMC (Yuma Regional Medical Center) shirt.
Wearing the Clemson Tiger hat...Luke could never fit into this because his head was too big for the hat. As you can see, the hat is way too big for Alex.

I picked up two preemie sleepers last week after they told us he was going to be really small. This preemie sleeper is even big for him.


Eyes open...this was taken around 3:00 AM when Alex and I were up. Edward spent the night at home with Madison and Luke. During the night, Alex never cried one time...great baby so far.
Then, this morning...
The time came for Madison to FINALLY meet Baby Alex. She was delighted. Edward said she was the first one up this morning, probably excited, and at our house, it's hard to be the first one up unless you're on Luke's early-bird schedule.
Edward and I realized our limitations and only brought Madison in. Now, we're outnumbered with three kids! We decided to keep Luke at our neighbor's house with their two-year-old son. Madison had to spend four hours at the hospital, something Luke couldn't have done.


Loves him




Here I am with my best friend...my IV. I had to have eight liters of IV meds, in addition to the normal saline IV OB patients get. Most of the IV meds were for my bleeding issues. I also had some for my high blood pressure. It was super annoying trying to take care of Alex with this to drag around, but obviously necessary.


Helping to give Alex a bottle. He needs formula right now just to bulk him up.





The ride home...
Alex got to ride in style today...Daddy's new car. We'll save the minivan for later :) And, this was the warmest weather we've brought a newborn home in. It was only 103 today.
Home

We really had to mess with the carseat straps because even the smallest setting was almost too big.
This is a newborn outfit...
Funny, his hair looks blonde here, but it's so dark in other light.


Daddy gets to feed him.
And, Luke came home to meet "baby."
Luke loves him too and has been very interested and protective.
Trying to "help" swing him
A little too much
103 degrees, but still loves to be wrapped up
The ride home...
Thank you to our friends and neighbors who helped in so many ways. Heather, thanks for taking the kids for the night and a FULL day, especially while Kurt was gone for the weekend! You can see what they all did together at http://www.thedouges.com/Thedouges.com_beta/Blog/Entries/2009/5/31_While_We_Were_Waiting_for_Alex....html
Thanks to Tom for taking the first round of baby pictures. He's a doctor/flight surgeon at the Marine Base here in Yuma...ironically, he and his wife just moved here from Bethesda. She contacted our MOPS group, and we discovered that she and I were due the same day and husbands were both doctors. We ended up, three weeks early, delivering the SAME day, in rooms next door to each other. We happened to have the same OB and kept joking with him we'd deliver together...Alex was born at 11:45 AM, and Katie was born at 11:45 PM...they have the same birthday! We're going to have a very unique bond. However, Katie was a "little" bigger at 9 lbs. 8 oz. Alex has some catching up to do. We're excited for our new friends. I'm glad you were there to take pictures, Tom! Both of you, enjoy your first baby.
Thanks to Pastor Neil, the Vreemans, and the Dunderdales for visiting us. Dunderdales, thanks for watching Luke today. Thanks Nikki for the delicious dinner tonight. Thanks to our family and friends for the calls and text messages.
And, a HUGE thank you to everyone for your prayers throughout this whole thing. God gave us a beautiful baby boy this weekend!



6 comments:
What a perfect little boy. I have decided that Yuma must have horrible cell phone reception because I could never get through to you at the hospital. I will call tonight. Congratulations on your new and improved family. :)
He is so tiny and precious! I know you are happy for him to finally be here. Congratulations to all of you!
Congrats, he looks so precious, what wonderful pics. I am glad he is healthy and you have recovered from the whole blood loss issues. He does look alot like Edward, I totally agree. Good luck juggling three, it can be a rollarcoaster. If you hve a minute send me your address, I have something I'd like to send you.
What a beautiful boy Martha! I am so happy to see your sweet smile back. The pictures were so sweet they brought tears to my eyes. Your kids look just so happy as well to finally have Alex home. He is just a little sweet thing! I will come up latter this week to peak in and drop something off for you. Again, congratulations to your beautiful family!!!xoxo-Leia
I love all the photos! Alex looks like a little angel - so tiny & precious. I can't believe how big Madison looks in the pics from the hospital. Congratulations on your family of 5 (+ the cat).
So incredible! Gray and I love that Edward delivered him. Super cool!!! Congrats again. We continue to pray for you guys. I just read your other post...that's crazy what all you have going on that has to recover!!!
Post a Comment