Yes, week 34, or 8.5 months pregnant....and another trip to the OB. I think I need to stop going to the OB.
This time:
The last two appointments now, he's measured smaller than he should (by three weeks), so my doc is worried he has interuterine growth restriction, meaning he's out of room. Yeah, shocker. I've barely gained any weight (not because I haven't tried!), and I can tell you he's out of room. Verdict-ultrasound again, this time at week 37. If he is restricted, they'll do an amnio to determine lung function, and if that's okay, they'll induce me. Now, he could just have dropped so low (yes, he's dropped) that it's harder to get an accurate read on his size, but I think it's a combo of both. Luke was born at week 37 and Madison at week 38, so I'm hoping he'll come along then as they did and no induction needed (because if that fails, it's a c-section). More worries, nonetheless.
My blood pressure, which has been really low, is pretty high all of a sudden. I told him if he thinks it's high now, he should recheck it next Friday after Edward has been gone on his hunting trip all week...a week alone with the kids at just about nine months pregnant in 100+...that will raise the blood pressure even more! When Edward asked what my numbers were, he replied, "Oh, that's not good." Great.
Lots of swelling, duh, it's 105 here today. That's only going to get much worse, as I've never done well with heat, and I always swell at the end. And yes, I do drink water people. I know how it works. Even water can't prevent all swelling.
So, all around, not a good report. Like I said, I think I need to stop going. Things aren't improving!
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I was laughing as I read the part about the ultrasound at 37 weeks, I don't think you will make it to the ultrasound. Sorry you are so miserable, I was that way both times. Hang in there, not to much longer now.
Oh, wow, girl...that's hard. I know you're so ready!!!
Post a Comment