Edward's friend, one of the orthopedic surgeons in town, said it should take four weeks to heal, but in the meantime, how do you explain to a two-year-old he needs to stay off his foot? Don't tell me he'll know because it will hurt. The kid has been trying to walk on it all day while almost crying in pain. Yeah, he's not getting it that if he doesn't walk, it doesn't hurt as much. It's going to be a long four weeks without preschool, running around, riding bikes, etc...all when the weather is FINALLY tolerable. I had planned to take the kids to the park this afternoon because our high was only around 95, but no park if you have a broken foot...uggh. And really, he's two years old-he doesn't understand!
No cast because of swelling, and the orthopedic said he wouldn't put it in boot, so Luke has a splint/wrap for four weeks...great, that won't be annoying or anything. He's already unwrapped it twice, even with bandage tape all over it.
The poor kid has been waking up constantly already. Edward's working in the ER tonight, so it could be a long night at our house. I think he's cried out six times already, and he's been asleep for about four hours. Pray Luke's foot heals quickly, and he can tolerate sitting when it's a word not in his vocabulary.
I like the movie Cars, but after four weeks of it running constantly, I might be ready to burn it.



2 comments:
I'm, sorry. I really feel you pain, Marens cast will come off on Tuesday, it will get better after the first week!@#%^&*)! If you can make it.
I love all the pics from your trip. We visited Monteray a few years ago, love that aquarium. Our super good friends live there now, wouldn't that be a nice duty station? I can always dream=)
Luke, so sorry to hear about your foot. I dislocated by elbow once and it was in a cast or split for over 3 months. I hated it! We are praying for a speeding recovery.
Post a Comment