Saturday, October 31, 2009
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween! Thank goodness it was cooler this year than last! While the high today was 90, it felt much better than last year's 100 degrees for trick-or-treat. We spent the afternoon carving our pumpkins and then went out collecting candy.
I'm working on creating a Sleeping Beauty pumpkin. The kids' cousins, Mackenzie and Kaitlann, sent Madison this princess kit. I'm not sure how I felt about it after my 45 minute carving session :) Thanks guys-Madison LOVED her pumpkin!
Our crew-the pirate, Young Frankenstein, and Ariel-You may notice a last minute costume change with Young Frankenstein. He was slated to go as a bear, but it was just too hot for the costume (not that this one was much better).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Everyone looked great! You will have to tell Madison that her Aunt Mer has perfected pumpkin carving so she doesn't have to touch the guts; I'll have to show her how some day. The pumpkins turned out great (Martha, I'm impressed with your skills.) I also like Luke's "happy" pumpkin... too cute! Hope you guys had a blast!
You are one patient mom to do that carving...lucky for Madison. It looks great. The kids all look cute in their costumes.
Post a Comment