Friday, March 26, 2010

Scrapbook

I don't scrapbook. I blog.


Madison enjoys collecting postcards. I had an idea awhile back that we should take her postcards and make a scrapbook of her memories. Since she's going to grow up as a military kid, I thought it would be cool to create a book for each place we live. She could collect postcards from that place and whatever we do while there to make her book. I don't know what it is like to move around a lot as a kid; I grew up in the same house my dad did. I want the kids to remember the places we lived and the cool things we did while there. I hope this idea will work.

We started working on her scrapbook today. I let her do all of the design and placement of the pictures. That too, I thought would be nice to see as she gets older. She definitely will improve in her "design" technique, but that's okay, because she's four-years-old and really excited about this art project.


The hard part is now to remember to get postcards everywhere we go while in and around Yuma. She's got several from the Grand Canyon and San Diego, but we need to add to the collection.

Here's the cover to her Arizona scrapbook.

Yes, I can't believe I'm being this "crafty." And, if you are thinking, "That's not very crafty" then you are exactly right! I'm not that crafty!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Nice! My mom created scrapbooks for all of us kids. She saved postcards from places we visited, plane tickets, movie stubs, concert tickets, amusement parks, etc... and wrote the date for each item. I have two huge books filled with 'my childhood' that sits in my office. I plan to do the same for my kids.

Kudos for documenting Madison's life...she will treasure the scrapbook for years to come.

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I make sure to take pictures of the areas and houses we live in for us but I never thought about something the kids could do. Its a great way for them to add a personal touch.