Thursday, March 25, 2010

Snake!!!!

Yesterday, my doorbell rang, and when I answered it, it was one of my neighbors' boys, Christian (around age 12). He was standing there with a broom...suspicious, and he's a great kid.

"Mrs. Jones, there's a HUGE rattlesnake in your front yard, and I wanted to let you know and to tell you that your garage door is up too."

Great.

Christian was walking home between my house and his when he saw the snake in the rocks. Apparently, the thing was pretty aggressive, but Christian knew to stay far away He had already alerted his mom, who had called the post police. When the police arrived, the snake was dead, so they were able to remove it.

I'm told by my neighbor (she went out with her son to see it) that it was over three feet long (confirmed by others who saw the snake). All said it was the largest rattlesnake they had ever seen. Awesome.

I HATE snakes, and it gives me the chills to think of that thing out there right where we play, water the potted flowers, and ride bikes.

I guess summer has returned.

There are way too many creapy things around here right now. A mountain lion was spotted in the housing area on a few occassions a few weeks ago. Add to that, the packs of coyotes who howl and run the housing areas every night...

Yeah, the desert is a wild place.

No comments: