Sunday, August 10, 2008

Daily Life

by Madison and Luke
During the day, when it's 115 degrees, we have to spend most of our time inside. It's a major adjustment, since we are used to being outside so much of the day. Even our stroller walks are either non-existant or in very, very hot weather (normally over 105 even in the evening). We're coping with the change and hope to frequent the pool now that most of the unpacking is done. Of course, the pool changed its hours this weekend and is now only open in the evenings and will close at the end of September..uggh!

I made a big purchase at Wal-Mart and bought a boy baby doll. Madison got tired of me taking her dolls, so I got my own. I was delighted with my purchase and sat with him in the cart during our shopping trip.

He even came with a paci, which I quickly removed. I don't use one (although my sister used to love them), so my baby doesn't need one either.

Exercising on my horse

I've started spending more time with my coloring books.

And, I even let Mommy put bows in my hair. We had to go to a wedding reception Friday night for the Company Commander and his new wife, so I decided it was a good time to wear hair bows. I'm getting into them now.

Don't worry...the doll isn't sidetracking me from my "guy" things such as power tools. I've gotten good at hanging pictures...jusk kidding.

This thing sure is cool...I need one of my own.

Even the cats are having a hard time staying inside. They actually wrestle each other a lot more now.

1 comment:

Harry and Mer said...

Wow Luke, you are taking after your Uncle Clay... he like playing with dolls also! :-) Madison looks like such a big girl with her hair bows. She looked so beautiful all dressed up for the reception. I sure do miss the Jones family. I hope you are enjoying life in AZ so far. Love you guys!