Friday, April 16, 2010

Vegas

On Monday afternoon, we took off for a couple days in Vegas. No, this was not a leisure-style vacation, well, at least for Edward it wasn't. Edward had to attend the ALSO Course, Advanaced Life Support for Obstetrics recertification. If we were stationed at a big base, they would offer these type of renewal courses at the hospital. Instead, we roadtripped it to Vegas for two days. While Edward was in his course from 7 AM-5 PM, the kids and I did a little shopping and sightseeing.


I didn't get a lot of pictures on the trip, mainly due to being severely outnumbered as one adult and three small children. We had a great time. Our drive took us about five and a half hours on Monday afternoon. We checked in at the hotel and met Edward's sister, Jennifer and her husband, Andrew, for dinner at the hotel. They were so awesome to meet us in Vegas. They live two hours away in Death Valley, and we are really glad they came over and really appreciate the effort they made. The kids loved seeing Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Andrew, and I think they both enjoyed visiting chocolate shop in the lobby of the hotel (I know I loved checking that place out!).

Tuesday, the kids and I were on our own, so we found the outlet mall. We spent a chunk of the day there playing in the play areas, walking around, and shopping some. We met Edward after his conference, checked out the hotel pool, and had dinner. I had planned on spending more time at the pool, but it was actually chilly while in Vegas, with highs in the upper 60's.
Wednesday morning was mainly occupied with loading the car. Edward was at his meeting, and we had to checkout of the hotel, so the kids and I loaded up. Try loading with the "help" of three small children, one of whom rides in the lap of luxury stroller as you do it. After seven trips to our 18th floor room, we were loaded. Of course, there were no luggage carts around when we needed them :) The kids and I went to a sit-down Mexican restaurant for lunch, followed by some basic "city"shopping at Trader Joes and Target. Then, we picked up Edward and drove the long drive back through the desert.

So, sorry to disappoint that I didn't go Vegas crazy, but seriously, I have a lot of little wandering eyes that didn't need to see ALL that "Sin City" had to offer.
Hotel courtyard
As you can see, Alex is asleep, and while no means a good shot, this is the best picture I got. Granted, we had just spent an hour loading the minivan!
View of hotel from pool

No comments: