Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mommy...sorry we made it a rough day

by Madison

Today was Mommy's birthday. Unfortunately, I decided to be bad today. The morning started with me taking off my diaper sometime during the night...so, my bedding had to be completely changed. Then, while Luke was getting a bath, I took off a poopy diaper and made a mess of myself, the carpet, and the bathroom...oops!

Then, Luke's doctor wanted to see him this afternoon because he's been jaundice. He's getting better, thank goodness. So, we went to the hospital for that. On the way, they were repaving the road, and we got stuck sitting there for 20 min. Mommy said that definitely wasn't fun.

Then, Daddy forgot to ask my babysitter to watch me so they could go out to eat. So, they had to stay home.

Sorry you had a bad day, Mommy. Hopefully, tomorrow is better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

smooth move edward...smooth move...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Martha!

I am sorry that the stars did not align in your favor but maybe the saying "bad dress rehearsal, fantastic performance" lends itself to your situation. A bad 29th birthday will mean a GREAT year ahead...just a thought :)

It may not feel like it now but you will look back on this day and laugh...that Madison sure does keep you on your toes.

I am glad that Edward was at least home to help you celebrate your birthday but I can understand your frustration of not being able to go out...just the two of you. Clay didn't make reservations for our first anniversary so we did not get to eat at the restaurant we were hoping to...we laugh about it now and it is one of my favorite memories :)

I am afraid that the gift in the mail for Madison may give you more headaches...I just have images of play-doh shoved in places around your house. I will not be offended if you want to re-gift or save it for when Clay and I came over...I love Play-Doh :)

I will call you later on today...my head is no longer in a toilet throwing up the contents of my innards...maybe I had Ebola?


<3 Karen