Friday, July 04, 2008

Moving Day and SOLD

Thursday ended three years at our house with moving day. With our current luck, it was quite the ordeal. The movers arrived at 9:30 and didn't finish until 8:00. We were the fifth family they loaded on the truck, and they didn't account their space correctly, so they ran out of room for our stuff. Around 5PM, they had to go into town, get a smaller truck, load the rest of our stuff, and then they'll have to reload tomorrow. It was a nightmare and just took forever to finish up at the house. The driver is the "Western" driver, with two of the stops in New Mexico, and three in Arizona. Since we're on the California border, we'll be the last delivery, and the driver thought he might be there after the 18th, so our stuff may or may not have to go to storage. We're now done and in Wilmington. We arrived here last night at 11:30 (only a two-hour drive, but we didn't get out of our house until late and hadn't had food).

We did close on the house, and amazingly, that went pretty well. Now, we'll just be around in Wilmington for a couple of weeks until we head to Yuma...oh, and the cats are here with us in Wilmington. Edward will be staying at a friend's house at Bragg.


Good-bye to our Fort Bragg house...we'll miss you.

******

An added note...

Of all the moves I've completed, and I've moved several times, this was the most stressful...take into account my last move was at 34 weeks pregnant. I'm convinced moving companies hate kids...they made us disassemble EVERY piece of toy/plastic toy item we own. Plus, they refused to move anything with batteries unless we removed the batteries. If you have kids, you know how many toys have batteries (pretty much every toy), and most of the toys require a screwdriver to remove the battery. I loathe the idea of moving right now because I'm so done with taking batteries out of toys. Pretty much a good haul of what we're moving ourselves is an arsenal of batteries. I'm so done already-now we'll see how much of our stuff actually makes it to our house...

No comments: