Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our New House

Tonight on our evening walk, I remembered to take the camera along for some pictures. We walked at our normal time, around 7PM (just before the kids go to bed), and the temp was 104. This afternoon, it got up to 115. Right now as I type, it's 11 PM local time, and it's 96. The heat is definitely taking some getting used to!

Here it is...home sweet home. Normally, the minivan would be in the garage, but the garage is full of boxes, both full and empty. And, also normally Edward's car would be here too, but it's still awaiting auto transport in TN. Hopefully, it's picked up sometime Friday.

Our "yard" to the right of the house-you can't see it, but on the side of the house, we have a big cactus tree Madison loves. The other thing you might note is how clean everything is. This place is spotless even being smack dab in the middle of the desert.

To the left-and yes, I hung up my hose outside. I'm proud of any unpacking I've accomplished.

The park-this park is directly behind the fenced area of our house. It's well placed so that almost in the center of a circle with all the houses surrounding it. It's a really, really nice park and brand new. Sadly, we only get to venture to the park in the evening when it's "cool" outside.

Ah, yes, the Barbie Jeep made it here all in one piece. Madison and Hannah (in her doll carseat) are out for their evening drive to the park.

Play area one of the park-the toddler or smaller play area. This area is perfect for kids Luke's age because the toys are low to the ground.

Right next to it is the larger jungle gym, which is where both of my kids always want to play. It's really big with a lot of different activities on the gym.

Luke likes the bouncy frog in the background. Further behind the bouncy frog is our house. I don't know if you can see from Luke, but the kids just get solid red in the face from the heat. It's not sunburn or suntan; it's just how hot they are from being outside. It doesn't seem to matter if they are out for just even a couple of minutes in the backyard-still hot and red. No amount of water seems to help either. I guess they'll adapt, as will we all.

Looping around toward the front of the base (just down the street from our house, about a block)-this is what would probably be called a "Parade Ground," but there is no parading here. It's a huge open field (with grass!) that is really pretty, especially with all of the nice palm trees surrounding it. We laugh that the sprinklers run all the time, but it does keep the grass nice and green.

Another view of the field with the Arizona sunset...the building in the background is the lodging for the soldiers who come here for HALO School.

Ah yes, Madison's "baby cactus." This cactus sits on the corner looking toward the grassy field. It's on the corner of our street, so we drive by it and walk by it all the time. And yes, we have to stop and check on it each time. Madison actually gets out of her Barbie Jeep to go and see how it is doing. It's pretty sweet.

I would have taken a picture of our backyard, but it was too dark when we got back home...till next time. By then, I should have some interior pictures since I'm trying to finish unpacking.

No comments: