In talking with family and friends over the last few weeks, the topic of gasoline comes up often. Most of our family and friends live somewhere along the Eastern Seaboard, and with Hurricane Ike, gas has become both scarce and extremely expensive. A neighbor here, also from Ft. Bragg, told me that one afternoon, gas even reached $5.94 in Fayetteville, which made the paper. I know my sister and parents have had to sit in long lines just to get a few gallons of expensive gas. I believe my last conversation, gas there was around $4.70.
So, the big question everyone has for me when I speak with them is, "How much is your gas?" Normally, gas here is a lot more than the East Coast. During our scouting trip here in June, gas was $4.25, while it was around $3.50 back in NC. NC has a pretty high tax anyways, so that too was high.
Right now, gas is at an all-time low for us, since arriving. We're paying $3.46, with no lines and no limits. A neighbor said she got it in town this week for even $3.37. Apparently, our gas must come from a different source other than the Gulf, my guess being the Pacific or Alaska.
So, I'm sorry to hear about the gas shortage many of you are having. I hope it gets better for many of you soon. Somehow, other things here are more expensive, especially food. Even chain restaurants like Chilis are around $1.oo more per dinner than the same thing in NC.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That's funny that the east coast is paying more for gas then we are and we are in TX. We are seeing our lowest prices in awhile as well...$3.45....
Post a Comment