Madison and I really enjoy watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC. Here, it's on every afternoon at 2:00, and then it's on again every now and then in the evening. Madison really likes the show because the kids are her age. I say kids because if you don't know about the show, it's a real-life show following Jon and Kate (parents) as they raise their eight-year-old twins and four-year-old sextuplets. So, yes, that's eight kids. A few of the episodes have mentioned one of the family's favorite snacks, homemade Monkey Munch. I decided to try it the other day, and I must say, it's a really good mix. I found the recipe online, and then I made it for us. We like it a lot, well, except Edward who won't eat chocolate. Here it is if you want to try it:
9 cups Chex cereal (I used Rice Chex...it says any variety)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup confectioner/powdered sugar
1. Put Chex in large bowl and set aside.
2. Place choc. chips, peanut butter, and butter into a microwavable bowl and stir together.
3. Microwave the mixture for a minute on high. Stir together until it mixes smoothly without lumps.
4. Add vanilla and stir.
5. Add this mixture to the Chex mix. Stir all of it together.
6. Put the combo into a big Ziploc bag.
7. Add powdered sugar to the bag, seal it, and shake.
8. Keep refrigerated.
I thought it tasted "okay" as soon as I made it, and then after it sat in the fridge overnight, I thought it was even better. It's addictive, and it makes a TON.
Enjoy!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yayy - my favorite show:)I've been meaning to try this with sunflower butter so C could eat it...
What's not to like... chex, good! chocolate, good! peanut butter, good!
:-) A little Friends reference for you.
Post a Comment