Yesterday, Mommy and I spent the afternoon making a new recipe. Mommy loves to cook, and now that we've moved, she's finally able to try a few new recipes. One she's been wanting to make for awhile is Ice Cream Pie. As usual, she modified it a little (making it better, of course!). Here's what we created:
Ice Cream Pie-minus two pieces (oops, we forgot to take a picture before we sliced into it)
Directions (by Martha)
It's not hard to make, but it takes some time because you have to freeze each layer.
You need:
Vanilla ice cream
1 graham cracker crust (one of those store bought ones)
Carmel Sauce (works better than carmel topping, meaning get the thick stuff not the squirt/runny syrup)
Hot Fudge Sauce (same info as above on which type to get)
Scoop ice cream to make a layer on the bottom of the crust. Cover the whole crust. Then, spread a layer of carmel sauce over this.
Freeze that for 1-2 hours.
Remove pie from freezer and then add another layer of ice cream. On top of that, spread a layer of hot fudge.
Freeze that for 1-2 hours.
Remove pie from freezer and then add another layer of ice cream. I then used the syrups (because we had both the sauces and the syrups) to make my lines on the top. You could do any type of pattern you want. You could use the sauce too, but I don't think it would look as nice.
Freeze that for at least another 1-2 hours (I froze it overnight).
There's your pie!
The recipe calls for whipping cream to be made (which I LOVE to make homemade whipped cream) and then put around the edge in a decorative pattern. Personally, I think the pie is rich enough without the whipped cream, although I do love whipped cream.
Enjoy!



2 comments:
Ohhh, that does look yummy. I'll have to try that!
that looks delicious! we will have to try that next year when it is as hot as it gets here... around 101, usually! doesn't really compare to you guys...
Post a Comment