Luke turned 18 months old Oct. 7, which was the day my parents arrived. He will have his 18 month checkup next week, so I don't have official stats, but he loves to sit on our bathroom scale. According to that, he's 27 lbs (yup, a VERY large boy). I can almost promise his head is in the 100+ percentile, but we'll find out for sure next week.
As far as Luke and his personality, he's the strongest child I've ever had to deal with. I am not kidding. This kid is strong. He has this horrible buck he'll do if you are holding him. He bucks his head back into you, and if he hits you in the right spot, it can almost knock you out. He's given me many headaches. He's got an unbelievable grip and will. He's more than just all-boy; he's extremely massive and strong. I seriously imagine with his husky build, he'll play football, and I'm not talking about quarterback. I think he could be the line :)
Currently, Luke has me at my wits end on may counts. Many of you know Madison was extremely demanding, but Luke is 10 times worse. He started jumping, yes jumping out of his crib at 15 months. It's now a constant battle. We moved his bed to the floor without the crib, but he flat our refused to sleep like that. He does want the security of the crib, so his mattress sits on the floor inside the crib. It doesn't deter him. I probably put him back in bed 10-15 times per nap/bedtime. It's very frustrating, and it goes on constantly. I'd be hapy to let him just crawl out and sleep on the floor, but the house we live in has French door handles on all the doors, so he just walks over and opens it. No baby knobs are made to cover these door handles. I even have a baby gate that I put up in front of his door, and he just climbs over it. Seriously, I am beyond frustrated with his behavior.
In the stores, you can't keep him strapped into anything. He can get out of stroller five-point harnesses, out of the shopping cart seat, out of anything. He is horrible about walking because he just wants to run away. If I happen to have my double stroller for something like the zoo, he constantly turns around to pull Madison's hair. He's definitely a strong willed little boy.
On the plus side, he's very loving and has a great laugh. He's obsessed with dogs, planes, helicopters, and trains. If he sees any of those things, he points at them, laughs, claps, and/or giggles. Living on post is great because we usually see most of that daily.
Luke loves to eat, but he is starting to develop the typical two-year-old picky style. Right now, he refuses to eat ground beef and ham (luncheon meat style). He HATES my homemade mashed potatoes (which is hard because they are the favorites with Edward, Madison, and myself). His favorites are: tomatoes, grapes, chicken, cheddar cheese Pringles, Pirate Booty (type of air popped popcorn), hotdogs, peas, and oranges. Thankfully, he'll eat most any fruit or vegetable, as many toddlers refuse.
Madison wasn't really into televsion much at this age, and I think Luke is only because Madison watches some. At home, they really don't watch much of anything; they'd rather be outside. They do watch DVDs in the car, as a trip to town is 40-50 min each way depending on where we are going. His favorite shows are: Cinderella (seriously, he loves the dumb mice, cat, and dog), Backyardigans, Diego, and Wonder Pets.
Luke's other weird interest/obsession=shoes. He loves to wear his shoes. It's very common for him to pick a pair out of his closet and bring to you to put on. Then, he just smiles/giggles as he walks around in them. Oh, but he does have a wide foot, and lately, his feet have been growing so quickly!
He's also obsessed with brushing his teeth. If I make the mistake of either leaving the bathroom open or not putting the gate in front of the door (handles!), it's typical to find him sitting in the bowl of the sink with a toothbrush in his mouth. This kid is fast. I chase him around the house, and he can hop into that sink pretty fast.
Luke loves to play at the park. He's strong enough to climb any of the equipment. He's really wanting to ride Madison's bike and tries it all the time.
That's our sweet boy (sometimes!) Luke. Stats:
Shoes-7 or 7 1/2 wide
Tops-24 month
Bottoms-18 month (Madison was the same, always wore a bigger top)
Teeth-too many to count because he'd bite my finger :)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Happy 18 months Luke!!!
Forgot to say: Be good for your Mommy today!!!!
That makes me laugh, it was like I was reading about Preston. He and Luke are the same size, except Preston has actually moved into a size 2T (and he'll be three in two months). He weighs 27 lbs., too, and can completely wear me out in less than five minutes. As he gets older I notice that he is learning to listen more, but not too much. Have a great week. Brandi
LOL! He weighs more than Jena! She is 25 lbs now. She is in 2T tops and 24 months bottoms and a size 7 shoe! And a whole year older than Luke. My friend has those doors and she put a hook and eye lock on top so the kids couldn't open them. I know you are in housing, but maybe you could give it a try.
Post a Comment