Hard to see, but this is what the windows have looked like.
Friday, October 03, 2008
Window Washing
When we first moved into our house, I immediately noticed my windows hadn't been cleaned. So, right away, I tried to clean my windows...tried. I quickly found out that there was a nasty grime on the exterior of my windows, and nothing could get it off! The grime came from the sprinkler system water. I've blogged about how nasty our water is. Apparently, it reeks havoc on the windows too. I've tried time and time again to clean the windows, using all kinds of products from Windex to soft drinks (someone said it works sometimes). I finally found my miracle solution-Lime Away. Thanks to my grocery game, where Lime Away appeared on my list a couple of weeks ago. That gave me the idea to try it. This has become my new favorite product, and it definitely works.
Another view, not as easy to see
The finished product, after A LOT of scrubbing. Even with Lime Away, it was really difficult to get the windows cleaned. I spent the last couple of days cleaning them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
If the house has aluminum siding be careful not to get the Lime Away on the siding. While working for the Jet Express I found out that Lime Away and CLR can eat through aluminum. Just a side note. :-) The windows do look much better!
Post a Comment