Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday Party!

by Luke

Saturday, we had family and friends come over to celebrate my first birthday. For never having had a birthday party, I had a wonderful time and look forward to more parties in the years to come! We had a great array of food, family, and friends to help me celebrate turning one. Thank you everyone for coming and for my nice birthday presents.

For my birthday, I wanted to have a construction party.

There's not much better than hanging out with my favorite person. I really like being with my mom all the time.

No, I don't want to smile.

Guy time with Pop and Grandpa

My walking is getting better and better everyday.

Interestingly, I look somewhat like my crazy Aunt Karen. That would be a medical miracle.

Madison's favorite part of the day was the broad selection of drink boxes.

Rori is tired before things even get going.

Russell seemed to enjoy playing in the car. I was glad to have some guys at my party!

While there were some guys at the party, there were definitely some daddies missing from the fun. Some are still overseas.

And, some daddies are really enjoying being back home.

Some uncles are enjoying being back home too. This was the first birthday party Uncle Clay and Aunt Karen have attended at our house.

And, some uncles and aunts are old pros at the kiddie birthday parties.

Uncle Harry realizes it's important to take a break during the party. Otherwise, you'll get really tired chasing all the kids around.

Nana and I had a lot of fun walking around the yard. I must start walking all the time to keep up with my crazy sister and girl cousins!

Neighborhood fun on our swingset

Time for lunch!

There's not much better on your birthday than eating a hotdog with mac and cheese.

Well, having your daddy feed you at a birthday party is a pretty sweet deal too.

Hanging out with your friends at your picnic table is nice too. Grandpa made us a wonderful picnic table. We thought we were just borrowing this table for the party, but he said it gets to move to Arizona with us. He made another one for his house. Our picnic table is a little more upgraded with an umbrella for the hot, hot Arizona sun. We LOVE the table, Grandpa!

Nana and Pop determined no one was guarding the birthday cake, so they elected to watch over it.

I'm pretty sure Grandpa wasn't elected to watch the birthday cake...knowing him, he would have probably wanted to eat it (but so would I!). I think they just saw the opportunity for other adult conversation.

Hanging with Mom again...like the birthday hats?

Cassandra seemed to really like her hat.

Time for cake!

It's good to have a big sister when you don't know how to blow out a candle.

The rest of these pictures are just classified as "cake." Mommy thinks there is something really sweet about kids eating birthday cake.

Grandma with me

Ava

Madison

Mak (Makynna)

Imani (Kalea's sister)

Cassie (Cassandra to everyone else, but Cassie to us)

Rori

Thank you all for a great birthday! I know it won't be the same in Arizona. I'll miss all my family and friends.

1 comment:

newmanfamily said...

Luke,
It looks like you had a great 1st Birthday party! I had a construction party for my 2nd birthday and I think it is a great theme.
Love,
John