Monday, April 28, 2008

A Weekend Trip to Florida

by Madison and Luke
Over the weekend, we had the opportunity to visit Jacksonville, Florida. Mommy's cousin, Lee, whom she grew up next door to, got married, and we went along for the trip. As usual, Daddy had to stay home and work. So, with that being the case, we bummed a ride off of Grandma and Grandpa. Mommy, Grandma, and Grandpa felt that three adults should be able to handle two toddlers, but we tried to show them otherwise. We actually had a really nice time and were very well-behaved. The wedding was a blast with a reception oceanfront in Jacksonville. Both of us loved every minute of it, plus, we loved being really the only kids there. Great trip, Grandma and Grandpa, thanks for letting us ride along and share a hotel with you!

The ride to Florida was a lot of fun. I took my American Girl Bitty Baby, Hannah, along for the trip. I've had Hannah almost two years, so she's been on a lot of trips, but this was her first wedding. To coordinate, she had a nice white dress. This was my second trip to Florida, as Mommy, Daddy, and I vacationed there before Luke was born.

Luke enjoyed chillin' in his "man cave." We didn't take our minivan; we took Grandma and Grandpa's. Mommy and Madison sat in the middle row, and Luke had the back for his "man area." He seemed to really enjoy it. Of course, we did a little shopping on our trip. Well, one of the department stores in Jacksonville was giving out Webkinz if you made a purchase. Between the adults, we collected six free Webkinz! Luke is loving his new friend. It became somewhat comical as more and more kept appearing.

The rehearsal dinner in downtown Jacksonville-Mommy and Luke enjoyed the harbor view very much (Madison was busy socializing and checking things out).

Aunt Mer and Uncle Harry made the trip to Florida too and had a great time.

Aunt Karen and Uncle Clay tagged along with Aunt Mer and Uncle Harry. They said their car ride was better than ours, but I don't know...stopping every hour or so for a toddler to use the bathroom, what could be better??

Luke and Madison both held up really well with a very late dinner. Luke's charming smile kept everyone laughing.

Luke just being a boy

All boy, nothing more needs to be said!

Sadly, Mommy forgot the camera at the hotel the day of the wedding. We're hoping someone got a few shots of us all dressed up because looked great! We don't know how she forgot the camera with only having to get both of us ready, herself, and then enough food/extra items to entertain us.

The highlight of the hotel for Madison was the flock of Canadian Geese across the street at a neighboring motel. On our last morning in Jacksonville, Mommy took us on a walk to see the geese while Grandma and Grandpa loaded the car. We almost saw the geese meet their demise as a car just about hit them. Luckily, the geese fared okay, and we aren't permanently scarred from the event.

I was very excited to tell everyone what I learned about Florida-Florida has palm trees and oranges. I had to get my picture taken with the "baby palm tree" near our hotel.

Florida=humidity=rough hair day for Madison

I enjoyed the palm trees too...

but my favorite part of Florida was this. I've never fallen asleep in my stroller since infancy, so this was definitely a first and welcome relief for Mommy. After two long days of wedding stuff and getting up at my usual 6:15, I was TIRED!

No comments: