Cross Country, no, not the sport. Tomorrow morning, the kids and I are embarking on a 12-day adventure across country. We will be driving to the Phoenix airport, three hours away through the desert, where we'll fly to North Carolina. Crazy for flying by myself with the kids?? Yup. I think a regular cross country meet, which I did do in high school, would be easier. Somehow, running 3.1 miles right now, somewhat out-of-shape, with worsening asthma, seems to be less painful right now than hauling a three-year-old and one-year-old on an airplane for six hours. We'll see.
The main reason for our trip is my college roommate, Jen, is getting married Saturday in Baltimore, Maryland, and I'm in the wedding. Jen and I have known each other for twelve years, rooming together and taking some classes together at Clemson. Edward and I started dating the same month Jen, and her soon-to-be husband, Adam did, 10 years ago. 10 years later...Edward and I have been married seven and a half years, with two kids, and Jen is finally getting married! So, I'm hauling the kids with me to the wedding. The reason for our flight to Raleigh is so my parents can pick us up and go along with me to the wedding. They are going to be the official babysitters for my crew. Then, after the wedding, we'll drive back to Wilmington to visit for another week before I fly back to the desert.
It's taken me days to get things packed, mainly because we haven't worn one piece of winter clothing out here. I've had to dig out bins of new clothes I bought at the end of the year last year, try them on the kids, and pack for all three of us. Finally, I'm done, and we'll head out in the morning.
Please pray we have safe and peaceful travels. I know people fly with their kids everyday, but some have help. Edward is taking us to the airport because I physically couldn't drag everything in with the kids and stroller. Madison should be pretty good with the portable dvd player, but Luke is a climbing machine, and it's going to be really hard to keep him contained for six hours.



2 comments:
I just finished flying with my two kids. It wasn't too bad. Ava was pretty good and Gabe slept. We had two layovers on the way home. Your trip will be harder with Luke being older but you can handle it. I'll pray all goes well. TTYS! Summer
I'm praying that you have a safe and uneventful flight. Enjoy your trip!
Post a Comment