Saturday, November 01, 2008

Mountain Time Zone

We'd like to welcome the rest of the country to Daylight Savings Time/Fall Back. Since Arizona doesn't honor daylight savings and the rest of you do, we are now TWO HOURS BEHIND EASTERN STANDARD TIME. Prior, we have been three hours behind.

Note, our time didn't change at all. We don't have to slow down clocks or change anything, but the rest of you did, so that's why we are now two hours behind. Now, we don't know anyone besides just the soldiers here, who are on MST with us. We were cool with PST knowing my friend Carin and Edward's sister were also on PST.

The worst thing is, this messes up our tv channels. Since the tv channels adjust to daylight savings, the shows are on at normal times for the rest of you. Now, what was on at 8:00 PM is now on at 9:00 PM. I'm still probably not going to be able to catch one of my favorites, Fox and Friends in the morning because it runs until 9AM EST (6AM here), now it'll be 7AM...maybe I'll catch a glance of it here or there. I'm bummed because another favorite, House Hunters used to lure me to sleep at 11:00 PM, but now, it will be on at midnight...I don't think I'll be staying up until midnight just to go to bed watching that.

Well, Jen, at least now, I won't be eating lunch, talking to you as you are getting ready to start cooking dinner!

Enjoy your extra hour of sleep, people! We didn't get it!

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Sunday, to you Carin...I know you read this :)

No comments: