Sunday, November 16, 2008

East Coast-Baltimore

My college roommate, Jenn, was married Saturday afternoon in Baltimore, Maryland. I was one of her bridesmaids, actually her only college friend, and the furthest traveler. On top of that, I was the only one there with kids and also only one sans husband, so my wedding experience was quite different from most people! Thankfully, my wonderful parents agreed to come along to tame my kids and watch them during the times I had to do things. Without them, I physically could not have been in the wedding. Aside from knowing Jenn and her family, I knew no one at the wedding. The weekend weather was less than desirable. It rained and was extremely foggy for the entire weekend, reminding me of what London might look like all the time! Today, my parents, kids, and I left our hotel and drove eight hours back to Wilmington, NC, where we'll recover for the next week before I fly home to Arizona.Jenn on the ride to the church


Jenn and Adam


The wedding party...we wore navy blue, strapless, tea-length dresses. The shawls were for us to wear outside and/or at the reception. The church was warm enough we didn't need them.
The reception was in downtown Baltimore at the Engineer's Club, a very neat historic building. Pictures were taken across the street at Mt. Vernon Square.


Back at the hotel after a LONG evening...we tried to get a good picture...

Okay, so color-coordinating Mommy, had a navy suit for Luke and a navy dress for Madison.

My attempt at a decent picture

Luke looked SO cute in his suit and tie...sorry, no full pictures of my dress...shocking, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of myself.

Luke's suit...he actually loved it and threw a MAJOR fit when I had to take it off of him.

No comments: