Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just a Quick Note...

to say that we're back home in the desert. The kids and I flew all day Monday, to arrive back in Phoenix at 8:30 PM Mountain Time (10:30 EST). We had a three-hour drive home and got home after midnight. It took awhile at the airport because the airline broke Madison's new suitcase my parents got her for her birthday. She and Luke have matching bags, and we had just taken Madison's bag since we were restricted to one bag per ticketed passenger. The broke the pull handle so it won't extend, and they put a hole in the back of the bag. What kind of moroons were drop-kicking her luggage??? Of course, in what I'd say is typical, the airline is "not responsible for it." Great, thanks. A brand new bag, bought just so we could fly, broken. Uggh!

The flight was hmmm, okay, I guess. We had a two-hour and 10 minute flight to Newark, NJ (yeah, because that's on the way to Phoenix), and then we had just over a six hour flight to Phoenix. If anyone would like to try that with my two kids, I dare you to sit in a dining room chair with Luke on your lap for eight hours and have Madison sit next to you where they can pull hair, etc.

The kids didn't scream or cry on the flight, but man, they irritated each other. Edward had sent some prescriptions for Luke, and wouldn't you know it, it had no effect on Luke. My kids didn't sleep a wink of the flight-typical.

While very stressful for me, I'm really glad we were able to visit our family and go to Jenn's wedding. It's a really hard trip with kids, even worse with just one parent. I lost about seven pounds on this trip...so if you need a weight-loss plan, I'll loan my kids out!

Now that we're home, I'm trying to get everyone unpacked. I hope to catch up on email and the blog in the next couple of days. I have some pictures to post, but I'm also busy because I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Sadly, I wish I would have taken a picture of my fridge when I got home....there wasn't even a gallon of milk in it. After a big trip to the grocery store, we're back on track, foodwise.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and safe travels. The other big event of the day here is that it's RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been raining all day, and my neighbor said it hasn't done this since May. We're loving it and the 70 degree weather, a nice cool day.

1 comment:

Bran said...

Unbelievable. Really! I can't even imagine!