Monday, April 13, 2009

Iron Man and Sheet Cake

Okay, two totally unrelated topics, except that both occupied my afternoon:

The first part of my afternoon was dedicated to making a Texas Sheet Cake. If you've never had this delicious dessert, it's one of the best. It was the requested cake every year on my birthday, not for looks, but for taste. It's basically a thin chocolate cake with a homemade frosting you boil and pour onto the cake while it is still hot. It's a very thin cake, about the thickness of a brownie. HEAVEN! It's an awesome cake and a favorite of the Huffman family (my family). I rarely make it because my crazy husband doesn't like chocolate. Tonight, it's for Bible Study. Yes, it's very large, requiring a special 11x17 pan. My college roommate, Jenn, also a fan of the sheet cake, said the only problem with it is not how many slices you eat, but how many ROWS of the cake you eat...very addictive!


Here's the IRON MAN BIG WHEEL

Luke received a big wheel for his birthday from Uncle Clay, Aunt Karen, Aunt Mer, and Uncle Harry. It arrived today by pack mule (just kidding, but the shipping was crazy-they said by this time LAST week), so I spent the afternoon putting it together.

Also, Aunt Erika and Uncle Jason-we picked up the present at Wal-Mart, and the baseball t is a HUGE hit. I'm still trying to get pictures, but Luke usually tries to hit the ball at me as I'm taking a picture-not good.

1 comment:

Harry and Mer said...

Yay!! I'm so glad the big wheel finally got there! He looks so cute on it. :-)