Wednesday, April 01, 2009

He's Okay!

I had my follow-up ultrasound today, 11 weeks after the first one where they told us he had two cysts on his brain. While those resolve in most and are of no problem to the baby, they couldn't guarantee anything until this most recent ultrasound. 11 weeks later and countless hours of worrying, the radiologist said he looks fine, no cysts remaining. Praise the Lord!

The tech said he was a very photogenic baby (hopefully that will continue!) and gave us a lot of good shots. He DEFINITELY confirmed it's a boy, if you get my drift. We had a full view, even in 3D, of everything. The 3D ultrasound was really cool, not something I had ever had before. Madison enjoyed going and seeing Baby Alex.


It's amazing how much stress you don't even know you have until the stress is lifted. I know it's been stressful, but holy cow, I just can't even begin to explain the stress level I've had...a HUGE, HUGE sigh of relief.
Here he is, Alexander, at 29 weeks. He's measuring right on target, and of no shock to us, his head is his largest measurement. Luke was the same way and still has a big head (95% percentile usually). Alex's head measurement was about 10-12 days ahead of the rest of him...great, can't wait for that during delivery :)
Accordingly, he's about 14.5 inches long and weighs about three pounds right now. Those aren't completely accurate, but it's the normal range.

His face in the 3D mode. You can see his eyes are closed, prominent nose, and his arm is stretched across his face. He was sleeping.


Two more sleeping 3-D shots. They are both of his face.




The normal, non 3-D mode. The first one is a head profile, and the second one is more of his body. You can see his hand on his tummy and his backbone along the bottom of the picture.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is the best news I've heard in awhile!

newmanfamily said...

Great news! I am so happy everything is good on Alex, other than you having to deal with his big head during delivery! Ha! Can't wait to see the little guy!

Summer Morales said...

Yay!!! So Glad to hear Alexander is doing well. I bet your relieved. Now you just have to get thru the reflux and swelling and deliver him. Great 3D shots. We did that with Gabriel and enjoyed them a lot!