This afternoon, Edward, Madison, and I helped Luke celebrate his birthday. He opened his family presents and enjoyed a nice birthday dinner. I think all of that, along with his taking sugar cookies to preschool this morning, added up to a great birthday.
Edward and I got Luke two bigger gifts. One was a slide. We had to leave our swingset behind in North Carolina, and while we have a park behind our house, it's too hot to go there much of the day in the summer. This way, the kids can play on the slide as soon as they get up. Plus, with a new baby, it's going to be a little harder to just up and go to the park.
Yeah, I think they like it.
You can't see her, but Madison is in the box. Seems like a large box would have been a good gift.

Yup, the box is a hit.

Madison had to check out the slide too.

The other thing we got Luke was a big boy bike. Now, we know he can't pedal yet, and we weren't really planning to get him a bike. HOWEVER, all our kids do is fight over Madison's bike. We got this to help ease our pain right now! Luke is obsessed with riding a big kid bike, so bring it on. He loves his new bike, even if he just sits on it.

Checking out his new ride...I guess there are sometimes advantages to being pregnant. I'd like to thank the older gentleman at Wal-Mart who helped me with the bike. I looked all around, and I liked this bike the best. Instead of making me get one in a box, he gave me a nicely assembled one...he had just put it together. Then, he asked, "Is he a big little guy because it's a big, heavy bike?" to which I replied, "Oh, yeah."
Can't quite pedal yet

Then, we went inside from the 94 degree temps (yeah, these temps will probably be the hottest birthdays for all of us!) to open his other family gifts.
Madison came in costume and asked if it could be a princess party.

Ohhh, a big one!
A doctor kit!

Grandma and Grandpa sent a new movie (thanks, glad to have something new to watch!)-Pinocchio.
Tearing into things
Since I'm like Grandpa, I had to get a few other things to share his hobbies...now I have a grill! Grandpa, mine talks. Thanks, also, for the bubble mower. I bet yours doesn't blow bubbles, Grandpa.
Still scraped up
Thanks for all my new clothes, Nana and Pop. I definitely needed those! It's amazing that you knew all the right sizes...
Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Andrew, thanks for the Elmo Kinex and blocks. I definitely needed some boy toys around here.
I don't get to watch Elmo much here because he comes on at 8AM or so (when I go to preschool). I really like Elmo and thought this pack was cool.
Hmm, still really interested.
Yeah, boy toys

Edward had to check out the directions...
A note from Luke:
Thanks everyone. Aunt Erika and Uncle Jason, Mommy said your order just arrived at Wal-Mart, so she'll pick it up tomorrow. Aunt Mer, Uncle Harry, Aunt Karen, and Uncle Clay....UPS hasn't delivered your package yet. Remember we live in the twilight zone where apparently they have to bring stuff in on pack mules. Seriously, it's crazy slow out here. Uncle Clay, you'll probably get packages faster than we do when you go back to Afghanistan. Mommy said she'll let you know when it arrives...thanks again, everyone! I missed seeing all of you at my party, but hopefully, I'll see some of you this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment