by Martha
I had to share my morning. If you have kids, you understand. If you don't have kids, well, this is how gross it can get!
So, my kids always seem to sleep in on days we have to go somewhere. Today was no exception. Sundays are church days; Mondays and Wednesdays are preschool days. We have to leave the house by 8:15. My kids take a bath in the morning because Madison's hair couldn't survive otherwise. So, I have to get the kids up by 7:30 to be out of here. On non-school days, they are up by 6:45, but today, sleeping soundly at 7:30.
So, I decided that since both had a bath last night due to being filthy from dinner and playing outside, Luke didn't need a bath this morning. I'd let him sleep til 8:00, get him up and dressed, and he could eat his cereal in the car. Madison needed her hair washed-no problem.
So, Madison is taking her bath when Luke starts to wake up. I open his door to be greeted with a BACKDRAFT-MAJOR SMELL!!!!!
The backdraft was due to a massively full diaper, but really due to his throwing up on himself sometime during the night. It was everywhere-all over him, the walls, the bedding, and the crib-AWFUl, AWFUL smell! He was covered in it too. It was one of the foulest smells I've endured, and with two kids, not much bothers me anymore.
Madison, now out of the tub, walked in and said, "EWWW, Lukie smells." She repeated this over and over. So, it's now 8:05, and I'm stripping all of the bed, scrubbing the wall, and oh, yes, the window has been opened too.
Luke now had to take a bath, and after all of that, we were in the car by 8:27, not too bad. Madison was dropped off at school at 8:59, and no, I didn't drive like a maniac...I took my time, and we still made it.
What a smell...I actually washed all the bedding twice...I wasn't about to risk it!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
EWWW! That sounds awful!
Gross :)
wow...gross and I have kids!!!
That's what that smell was? We could smell it in Missouri. Just Kidding, Luke.
Post a Comment