Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Beach Day!

by Madison and Luke
Happy Belated Memorial Day to everyone. We thank all those who have and still serve our country. The sacrifices you and your family make are not forgotten, especially to fellow military families.

While this was supposed to be a work-free day and weekend for military, Daddy had to work. We did get to take a quick trip with him to Wilmington Friday to Saturday. While there, we took advantage of Grandma and Grandpa living at the beach for a beach day.

In the past, Madison has been "difficult" at the beach, but she finally decided to calm down and enjoy it. Now, she's asking to go back to the beach...yea, finally!

Daddy's boy
Madison wasn't sure if she wanted to take off her swim-cover-up.
We tried out the nice, warm water.
Madison decided the beach was a pretty great place.
Luke spent most of the day doing this...
He decided the beach was awesome.
Should I smash it?
No, I think I'll look at it some more.
That Madison sure is funny.

More sandcastles



A guy needs a break...soaking up the sun in my chair (actually this was meant for Daddy). I spent a good part of my day climbing this chair. People around us thought it was hilarious.



Daddy made me a "swimming pool."



More sand time



Filling the pool


Hmm, what do these shells taste like?

Not too tasty

Someone needs to put something in this bucket.

More time in the water

Branching out on my own

Mommy and I had fun in the water.

Boys will be boys...Luke's trying to destroy anything he can touch.

No comments: