1. I have to load the kids up someway (car or stroller) everyday to go get the mail. It's at least a half hour trip.
2. Having a PO Box instead of delivery to a physical address is AWFUL. Try ordering stuff. Some stuff won't ship to a PO Box. Sites like Amazon don't tell you how they will ship, and if you put it to your physical address, they won't deliver it. UPS and FEDEX have to go to a physical addresss. It's always the question of, "How will this be shipped?" and then hoping it gets to you. All apologies to family and friends shipping things here for the holidays. I have spoken to many of you about shipping methods. Sorry. We'd fix it it we could...blame the government.
3. Our PO Box mail is only available after 3:00, but the post office closes at 3:00. If you have packages to get, you have to pick them up the next morning. Somedays, especially right now, I make two trips to the post office-one in the morning to get packages delivered the day before, and a second trip after 3:00 to get our mail for the day.
4. We have no Saturday mail delivery...NOTHING.
Overall, I hate PO Boxes and believe they have no reason to exist as a permanant address such as for where we live.
I guess this is what we get for living so far away!
These were the packages awaiting me this morning, and yes, I check my mail everyday. Many thanks to the Christmas gifts people have sent. All of this was sent for the kids. Sorry, Mom and Erika, your stuff was not in today's batch...maybe tomorrow. I got a note to pick up two packages in the morning.
Luckily, since we were heading out to the grocery store, the kids and I drove over to the post office. Otherwise, this would not have fit on my stroller!



No comments:
Post a Comment