Monday, December 15, 2008

Princess Tree

For the last month or so, Madison has been in love with this pink Christmas tree at Wal-Mart. Everytime we go to Wal-Mart, we have to go visit the pink tree three to four times. I always park at the Garden Center entrance because it's got a much shorter checkout, and the snowbirds don't seem to want to go out there, and the pink tree is right there at the door. It's been so sweet to watch Madison fall in love with this tree, and over the weekend, I brought one home for her. I think it will be equally sweet if she's still really excited about the tree when she's a teenager. Hey, maybe it will grace her dorm room at college one day.

There it is in all of its glory-the pink princess tree. The garland really helped. Prior to adding that, it looked like the Charlie Brown tree.


Can you tell Madison likes pink? She's wearing her pink Santa pj's.

I had her stand next to her tree. Maybe she'll take a picture with it each year to show how much she's grown.

I forgot to add that the tree was a surprise for Madison. I brought it home Saturday afternoon. I had been in town to get my haircut and run errands. Edward and I didn't tell her about it or set it up until after she went to bed. We put it in the family room/kids' playroom. Sunday morning when she came out for breakfast, a weary-eyed Madison did a double take and was so excited to look at her new tree. She almost made us late for church because she didn't want to leave the tree to get dressed.

Also, I got Madison a single Ariel ornament for the tree. That is her favorite princess, so I felt it was appropriate. I even got her a dumb princess tree skirt. Anyways, slowly each day, ornaments are disappearing off of our large Christmas tree and appearing on Madison's tree. It's cute to see what she deems as her favorite ornaments. Right now, the tree has the Ariel ornament, a Diego one (Luke's), a doctor (guess who), a cat (represents Tiger and Bear) and an American flag on a star shape (Edward's again). Hmmm, nothing to represent me...maybe I'll be a pick for another day.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

We have the same pink tree in Kennedy's room. I too have noticed ornaments moving from our big tree to the pink tree. Preston wanted the blue one for his room, but they sold out before I got him one.

Tim said...

Madison, I LOVE pink too!!!Good taste:)

Anonymous said...

wow, that is the cutest thing ever! I can totally picture madison smuggling ornaments to her princess tree.
Carin

Harry and Mer said...

Has the princess ornament her Uncle Harry and Aunt Mer got her made it on the princess tree? It is TOO cute!