Wow, what a funny afternoon. Madison's preschool had their Christmas play, and if you can imagine what it's like to have around 50 kids ages five and under "performing" in singing and dancing, it was quite hilarious.
Madison's school wouldn't tell the parents much about the play; they wanted it to be a surprise. The program today noted that her class would be singing several songs, and then the kids were put into groups where each group "performed" a song by dancing and/or singing. Edward and I just looked at each other with a "Yeah, right" look knowing that Madison is VERY stubborn and not into dancing in public. Well, we weren't disappointed.
Luke was so tired that he didn't fight sitting in the audience with us. He sat on Edward's lap like this throughout most of the play.
Madison's class-She's the youngest in her class by a year. When we moved here, they didn't have a part-day three-year-old slot open for her, and they asked if we minded if she went into the four-year-old class. Most of the time, you'd never know she was so much younger. She does really well keeping up with the kids. The class looks really large, but some kids are all day (daycare), Madison and five others are morning preschool, and then there are some who are afternoon preschool.
Madison getting ready for her performance
Her group doing the "Jingle Bell Hop" dance. Notice, she wouldn't dance with her little partner. She was so funny standing there crossing her arms with a look of "Don't you dare touch me." We'd love it if she had that look for boys at age 16.
She did participate in all of the "non-touching" dancing.
Actually, this was the funniest part of the play. She LOVED the do-si-do part of the dance where you had to swing your partner. While she'd stand there almost pouting about having to dance with the little boy, as soon as this part came on, she grabbed his arm and started swinging. This part of the song came up three times, and she did it each time. She had us laughing so hard we were crying. It was very obvious she liked this part of the song and wanted to participate. What a great moment it would have been for the video camera.

All excited after her performance...exiting the stage
Back home, she wanted to show off our "baby" Christmas tree we have on the front porch.
Typical, we couldn't get her to smile.
4 comments:
Hey girlie! Through all of our moving and packing and unpacking and traveling, I'm just now catching up on you guys. So much to comment.
Madison reminds me of Sarala in how she has her ways of what she wants to do and not to do--especially looking at the camera.
The stroller is awesome--I first saw one in SK, believe it or not. Yay for a cool stroller.
Gunsmoke--hilarious!!!!
You're decorating your tree in shorts!!! I can't imagine!
cute nativity and precious to see how Madison is putting it all together. our kids too and I'm sad to see it invaded by all the presents coming our way, starting this week as we celebrate with family.
And, I'm so excited for you guys that you've found a church home. I do hope you can truly worship with all of them and find your place of service.
we love y'all and wish we could visit.
I remember that "little tree" outside. I had two of them but, in our neighborhood those would have been stolen in a heart beat. I sold them to my sister for $1.00 each. She has them outside too. Glad to see BB&W has it's priviledges and lives on!
Hey, Martha! Got your comment on my blog... I am due June 18. What a coincidence! Are you still liking your stroller? I was thinking of getting a Phil and Ted too.
That is freaking hilarious! I would have to say, typical Madison.
Post a Comment