Last Thursday, Edward's mom and stepdad flew in from Tennessee for a visit. Originally, we had all planned to pick them up in San Diego and stay overnight to sightsee, but at the last minute, Edward had to stay behind for work (see HALO post below). So, instead, the kids and I drove over to San Diego for the pickup.
The drive over was VERY interesting. While it was 70 degrees at home, it was quite a different sight on the drive. The drive to San Diego is interesting. It's three hours, and the first hour and 45 minutes are flat desert through California. Then, the mountains start, and it's about 60 miles worth of mountains, and as you come out of them, you descend into the San Diego valley and suburbs. The mountains are not that tall, but it's better than sea level where we are! The mountains jump up to 4200 feet, and you are at that level throughout most of the mountain drive. On Thursday, I was pleasantly surprised at my mountain drive.
**Disclaimer** As the only adult in the car on the way to San Diego, I have to just hold the camera and snap. It was dark on the drive home, so my in-laws couldn't assist in snow pictures.
The flat desert that you have for almost two hours of the drive
Then, the mountains start
Ta-da! Snow in the mountains. You can see the windmills in the distance.
And, this is what it looks like for about 60 miles. I know it doesn't look like much snow, but there were parts that had about four inches or so. For "sunny Southern California," I thought this was pretty cool.
Snow on the moutains...not just any mountains...this is snow on Mexican mountains. That's right, this picture was taken looking at Mexico from the freeway.



No comments:
Post a Comment