Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Living Near Mexico...

One of the best parts about living near Mexico is:

My liter of pure vanilla for $2.50 American dollars!

Edward bought me one of these about four years ago when he was doing a rotation in El Paso, Texas. It's been a big joke with us because it's taken me so long to use it up. It traveled from El Paso to Ft. Lauderdale to North Carolina and finally to Arizona where I used the last of it in August. I actually had to buy my first vanilla a couple of months ago at the grocery store. Yesterday, one of Edward's soldiers told him he was going down to Mexico for the evening and asked if Edward needed anything. Here's our vanilla! We'll see how long it takes me to use this one up. I'd buy more to send, but they are glass bottles, so you might just have to get one when you visit.

No comments: